Saturday, July 3, 2010

Got a great welcome to Vermont

We left North Conway, New Hampshire and made our way west. The scenery in this portion of New Hampshire was just as gorgeous as the area where we had stayed for the past three days. I enjoyed the ups and downs and the gentle sweeps but most of all the beautiful views around every curve.

Soon we were in Vermont. One of my Facebook/Examiner buddies lives in Burlington, Vermont. We have been corresponding for a while and although Gail and I had never met face-to-face, I felt like we were friends. Maybe she did also because she invited us to visit her.

Dale and Vicky were stopping by the Ben & Jerry's factory tour and David and I took advantage of that time to ride on into Burlington.

Gail's directions for finding her apartment were perfect. As I was turning off my motorcycle, I could hear "Patty! Patty!" Gail and her husband, Cor, were on the balcony giving us instructions on getting in the building. Once in their apartment, it was like we had been friends forever.

Gail had prepared a picnic lunch for us and she and Cor drove us down to a park on the shores of Lake Champlain for a lunch complete with views of the harbor and in the distance the Adirondack Mountains in New York. The picture above was taken at lunch. After lunch we got the grand tour of Burlington, complete with narrative from Gail and Cor.

Soon it was time to hit the road again and head to our motel for the evening. We are staying in Swanton, Vermont tonight. Dale and Vicky were already here by the time we checked in. The motel is small and nice with a pool but there is not much to do in Swanton. Dale and Vicky are heading into Canada tomorrow for a straight shot west to Michigan; David and I will cross into New York and make our way south and west back home.

We are a little over a 1,000 miles from home and I'm not really sure how long it will take to get back to Kentucky. Although there won't be much sightseeing, perhaps I can still find something to write about each day.

No comments:

Post a Comment